My Baby Loves & I

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Xtreme Energy Band

On Monday evening, my kids' dad told me I should get me a "Xtreme Energy Band" because I am clumsy (I am!) and it would help with my balance.  He said a co-worker of his was bragging about his and how great it was.

On Tuesday, a co-worker showed me his new Xtreme Energy Band.  I immediate rolled my eyes but he insisted that I hear him out.  Now, this co-worker is probably the most pessimistic person I know, so I figured if he believed it, I should AT LEAST hear him out.  He told me it gives him energy, helps his balance, and takes away certain aches and pains that he had been having (he was previously in a really bad bike wreck around a year ago).  Of course, I scoffed at these magic bracelet claims.

So, he had me try these "tests" that the saleswoman gave him.  One was standing on with my arms out on one foot.  He pushed me and I of course fell (told you I am clumsy!).  He then laid the bracelet up on my shoulder and did the test again.  I didn't budge.  He repeated a few more tests and the same thing happened after them too!  Now, I know people say it's in your mind and if you want it to work it will....but, let me tell you I was a HUGE skeptic.  So, I didn't necessarily want it to work.  Matter of fact, I go out of my way to prove this particular co-worker WRONG as often as possible!!  (heehee) 

Well, I was amazed.  I asked him if I could wear it for a few minutes.  I have been having a problem with my left knee popping every step I take but the whole time I had it on, no popping.  As soon as I took it off and handed it back, my knee popped....Coincidence?

That day at lunch, another co-worker mentioned he had one too and he loved it.  He said it gave him so much energy!  How weird, in less than 24 hours I have been told about this same bracelet by three different people...

OK, so that was just the background of my story.  Let me try to get to the POINT.

Last night, when I got off work, something made me go to the mall and purchase this magic bracelet.  I just HAD to HAVE it.  I don't know why.  I usually wouldn't be caught dead at the mall at 8:30 at night with two kids after just working 12 hours but I went.  I wore it all night and to work this morning.  I didn't feel my knee pop the whole time I was wearing although I really didn't notice any super energy effects....but just the knee thing would be enough to keep giving it a try.  And the whole balance thing that was proven to me a day earlier.

Another co-worker of mine has been in the hospital and out of work for months due to a stroke and other health problems.  He has had trouble walking for more than a year.  Today he just came by my job to visit  everyone after going to the neurologist and I walked up to the office where he was at.  When I walked up, he was talking about how the doctor had given him a new medication to help his balance.  He was saying that he felt like he was going to fall...and it wasn't a matter of IF he was going to fall, but WHEN. 

At that moment, I knew that bracelet was meant for him.  I immediately took it off and handed it to him.  He said he had heard about it already and wanted to see if it would help him.  If it works to help his balance, great.  If it is only is his mind and it works to make him feel better, great. 

I read a friend's blog where she said she doesn't believe in coincidences.....I feel so strongly that God wanted me to give him that bracelet.  It's the first time I can actually say I felt like God spoke to me.  I can't explain it.  And even if nobody can prove it works or if it is only a mind thing, maybe it will help him...maybe it will be a small factor in getting him back to health and getting him back to work!!!

I feel completely blessed and wonderful today, by the way.  So, that bracelet really did work!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. God does stuff like that, it's amazing isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was very nice of you and ive been wearing the braclet for #3 days and i love it......!!!

    ReplyDelete