My Baby Loves & I

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Forgiveness

My tragic flaw:  I struggle with forgiveness.  More like I struggle with forgiving others.  I hold grudges.  But I expect others to forgive me. 

Right now, I am going through some things.  Nothing bad...I just feel like my heart is transforming.  I am trying to re-find myself.  I thought I knew exactly who I was, but I am starting to think that person who I think I am, is not quite the person I should be.  My brain is in all sorts of directions right now.

So, back to forgiveness.  Why is it so hard to forgive those who hurt us? 

This morning, I went and bought myself a brand new *pink* Bible. :)  I kept looking at it and I just couldn't figure out where to start.  So, I prayed for some sort of direction....just a little help. 

For some reason, I started searching on Facebook for someone who I really "hated." (I do this too often).  I found this person's page and seen one of my friends was friends with this person.  It really upset me.  It immediately put me in a hateful mood.  It brought back bad memories of the things that person and another person who is still in my life had done to really hurt me.  So, I took it out on that person.  WHY can't I forgive them??? 

I took it to the pink Bible...."If you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men for their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."  

WOW!  I don't want to go unforgiven!!! 

Also, found this:  "Get rid of all bitterness, rage, and anger, brawling and slander, alone with every form of malice.  Be kind and compassionate to eachother, forgiving eachother, just as in Christ God forgave you."

It sounded like that verse was directed toward me!!! 

There it is in black and white though, DIRECT ORDERS!!!

My pretty new pink Bible. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. I struggle with obedience and discipine, and the other day he used a book I was reading to speak directly to me just like that. Remember Philippians 1:6 too: "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." That means that God will complete the good work He started in you!

    Just let him guide you, and He'll give you the strength to forgive!

    ReplyDelete