My Baby Loves & I

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Cassidys

When my daughter was born, I named her Cassidy Shyne.  The Shyne part is after me because my name is Sunshine.  I really liked the named Cassidy and her daddy liked the name Cierra.  All I know was I wanted my kids to have the same inititals.  My son's name is Cameron Shawn (Shawn after his Daddy).

The day I found out I was pregnant, I knew I was having a girl.  Some relatives were over and we put those two names in a hat.  Out came the name Cassidy!  My kids have the same initials and the same number of letters in their names.  So many people said they didn't like the name Cassidy or it was a boy's name. I didn't care....I loved it.  It was her name and I didn't even know if she was a girl.

So, anyways.  I was sitting on break talking with this girl I work with.  She has a 2 year old named Cassidy.  I thought it was cute that we both had daughters with the same name.  Well, she picked up the Toys R Us paper and said, "I need to find something for Cassidy's birthday,"  which was the same thought I had had in my head all week.  So, I asked her "When is Cassidy's birthday.  My Cassidy's is May 3rd."  She answered, "May 3rd" at the exact time I said "May 3rd"!  Her Cassidy and my Cassidy were even born in the same hour, within a minute of eachother!!!  Of course her Cassidy just turned 2 and mine just turned 6 but what are the odds?!!!  One day, I am going to sit down and calculate the actual odds of that happening.

I keep thinking it should mean something.  Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.  But it is still very cool in my opinion!!!
Cassidy and her family the day she came home from  the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment