My Baby Loves & I

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chester the Retriever

Yesterday, I went with Cameron to Petsmart to price dog houses before I went ahead with the dog adoption.  The large sized dog house was like $140!!!  So, I talked him into a hamster...he was completely ok with the hamster.  We picked out the hamster and the supplies.  He named him Spike.

A few weeks ago, I had quickly placed an ad on Craigslist that said:   "I am looking for a puppy or young dog for my 8 year old son. I need it to be an outdoor dog who is good with kids. I can pay but not looking to pay breeder prices. My son has researched and decided he really wants a golden retriever. I will consider any good larger dog besides pitts, rottweilers (sp), or great danes. Papers not necessary. Spayed/Neutered preferred. Also, looking to find a nice sized dog house. Thanks!!!"

I got a few replies in the first few days.  Someone said they had black lab puppies for $75 deposit.  2 people emailed me about dog houses for $100 and $150.  I had really forgotten all about the post until this morning.  When I logged into my e-mail, there was a reply from a lady:  We have a 6 month old male yellow lab.  Follows my son everywhere.  Very loveable.  We are also offering the doghouse with him.   We are just asking $25 for the dog and the house.

So, we spoke on the phone.  I told her I wanted him.  I couldn't pass him up.  She told me she really wanted him to go to a little boy.  It made her so happy.  She also told me that she kept trying to post him on Craigslist but it wouldn't go through.  It was no coincidence that she found my old ad!  Chester was meant for us!

He looks just like a golden retriever...he is maybe mixed with lab.  He is very cute and sweet!  And he was a GREAT deal.  Now, we have a spare hamster.  I guess Cassidy will take over "rat" duties.  (Her word)

Cameron and his dog, Chester

Cassidy and Spike

No comments:

Post a Comment