My Baby Loves & I

Thursday, August 25, 2011

There Is A Reason For Everything, Except Giving Up!

In the 7th grade, I had a childish feud with a girl a year older than me. It was over a boyfriend. You know when you are in middle school, everything seems so serious. You think you are grown-up. I don't know exactly what happened to make us argue. I do know there was several mean letters exchanged back and forth.

My whole life, anytime I would think of this person, I would think mean thoughts. I never stopped disliking her. I never came across her again so everything I knew about her, I knew from middle and high school.

Then came the Facebook age. I don't remember if she friended me or I friended her. I do remember that I friended her so I could be nosy. That's all Facebook is about anyways. Well, it turns out I actually liked her! She seemed to have a lot in common with me. I enjoyed her statuses and her picture updates. I no longer disliked her. I really really liked her! It's amazing how childhood rivalries can follow you to adulthood.

Recently, I found out that my friend has been diagnosed with Stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. It really breaks my heart. It also makes me feel a bit guilty for ever having a bad thought about her, even though we were kids. It amazes me her strength and her attitude. She doesn't feel sorry for herself. She is an amazing mother to her 2 kids. She really is my hero.

She had surgery on her legs recently due to the cancer. She has trouble getting up and down her stairs at home. Her husband started a page to raise money to purchase a chair lift for her. I can't imagine being trapped in the downstairs of my house...not being able to sleep in the bed with my husband or help my kids to bed. I want to post a link to her page in hopes that everyone will find it in their heart to help her....even five bucks will help. I guarantee that she will appreciate every cent!

Here is the site, I can't figure out how to post a link: www.helpliza.webstarts.com




No comments:

Post a Comment