My Baby Loves & I

Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Haters Are My Motivators!

Hating is the way overused street word for jealousy. I really don't like to use the word "hater" in a regular conversation. I think it is a stupid word in general. Most of the people who use it are nobody worth "hating" on. I mean, what is there to "hate" about someone who lives off of their mama, has many missing teeth, has 4 or more baby daddies, etc? Those are the type of people who use that word in a serious sentence. REALLY?

Okay, so if you repeatedly use the word in seriousness or you REALLY believe everyone is hating on you, then you may be offended by this post. You may even now have more of a reason to think I am hating on you. Your haters are making you famous, right? Sorry, but just because someone talks about you, doesn't mean they are haters. It means you say or do stupid things that make people talk about you. (P.S. Everyone is "famous" in a small town like Woodruff.)

The people worth hating on, are the ones who would never use the word hater. They would just keep doing what they do that makes you hate them, and are probably not even focused enough on you to even notice that you are hating on them. If I'm going to hate on (be jealous of) someone, trust me, it's going to be directed toward someone doing better in life than me. I tend to hate on stay at home moms or college graduates. It doesn't mean I don't like you, it means I am jealous that you have those things going on and I don't. It's possible that those people "hate on" me for different things. It doesn't matter to me. We all have things we wish we could change about our lives. I don't care or even want to know that people are jealous of me. Walk on my side of this green grass for 24 hours and your perception of me would change. That goes for anyone.

Lately, I have come across a good bit of haters in my life. And these aren't your normal everyday haters, these are people who really can't stand to see someone doing better than them. It's like it really keeps them up at night. They will turn to manipulation and trash talking to bring you down. It is really important that you figure these people out fast before they do any damage. The worst ones are the ones who masquerade as your friend. Then they go out of their way to expose your flaws to others, all the while still acting as a friend. My goal as of right now, is to eliminate any of these false friends from my life. I no longer want or need to be associated with people who want me to fail. I do thank you, haters, for the time that you have given me your undivided attention!

From now on, if I don't particularly like you, I am not going to pretend like I do. I am going to be polite and respectful to you but I am not going to engage in anything beyond small talk with you. I am tired of my words being exaggerated or twisted or added to and then repeated to others. There is no way that can happen if I don't even talk to you. So, don't come to me and talk to me about anyone else and try to suck me in your hating game of bringing others down. I have a limited amount of friends and they know who they are. Other than those select people, I will no longer be conversating with anyone.

I hope this doesn't come off as a HATEful post, but sometimes it's the best way to be. The more people that hate me, the less I have to please!!!

1 comment: