My Baby Loves & I

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Like It, I Love It...I Want Some More Of It!!

This has been the absolute greatest birthday I have ever had in my life!

A few months ago, I jokingly posted a status on my FB wall that said:
"Dear Darroll Howard Jr, Brandon Howard, Jeremy Scott Howard: I will not be at all offended if you guys go into together & buy me some Tim McGraw tickets for my birthday coming up soon. ;) I don't even care what row it is in. Thanks in advance, Your Loving Sister. Hahahaha!"

Well, my brother, D.J.  called my phone and said he was buying me tickets!! I had to see Tim in Raleigh because it was the closest show that was on a Friday, which is my only day off. So, I planned a Girl's Road Trip for my birthday!

We planned to leave at 12, even though the concert wasn't until 7, so we could stop somewhere and eat. Of course, leave it to us females to NEVER leave on time. I decided last minute that I wanted my hair cut. I hadn't had it cut in over a year (or more!) and how did I expect to steal Tim away from Faith if I wasn't looking my best?? So, of course we were running late. It wasn't just my fault though. 3 out of 4 of us girls going was late. Thanks to Larissa for being the only one on time! :) Terri and Jennifer were running late. Terri always runs late; we have that in common!!

I got home from getting my hair cut and I LOST my tickets! So, of course I started panicking and tearing the house down. Then, I FINALLY found them...in the same place I had left them and looked for them in the beginning.

So, we got on the road about 2 or 3.

We stopped in Charlotte and ate dinner at Big Daddy's Burger Bar which was FANTASTIC by the way!
Now, the Sunday before this concert, I had went to Myrtle Beach to meet my cousin, Sheila. I was rushing to get off work Sunday afternoon so I could get to MB by 8:30 to see the Pirate's Voyage dinner show. Well, for some reason, my whole brain switched from the concert starting at 7 to the concert starting at 8:30. I started thinking we had an extra hour and a half.

Well, the GPS sent us the rural route for some reason. We had originally planned to arrive in Raleigh early, check in the hotel, and get freshened up for the concert. But, the GPS moved our E.T.A. up to right at 8:30.

So, over half way there, I decide to check my e-mail just to re-read the details of where to park, etc and I couldn't believe it. I felt the blood drain from my face. I about busted out crying! THE CONCERT STARTED AT 7, NOT 8:30!!! How in the HECK did I get that mixed up!?

Needless to say, we missed the opening acts (Band Perry and Luke Bryan). We arrived just in time for Tim Mcgraw (he came on at 8:45). So, the day was saved. Tim had broken his foot that day so he kept having to leave the stage because he was in pain and the opening acts came back out and played while he was resting...so it still worked out!


We had such an amazing time!! Despite being followed by drunken losers.
This guy fell on the hand rail and busted his head. I took this picture! How about them quick reflexes I have!?
He jumped right back up like nothing happened!
We had to take our own group photo because everyone else was too intoxicated to do it. Pretty good pic though!
I had one of the greatest times of my life...I can't remember laughing so hard!! Thank you to my girls who went with my on this trip. I love you guys!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Glad you (barely) made it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this too! That's so awesome, girl! And your hair looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete