My Baby Loves & I

Friday, September 2, 2011

A Day at the Fair

Yesterday was the opening of the Upper SC State Fair. I was fortunate enough to be off work so I decided to take my kids. I didn't let them know where they were going, I wanted to surprise them with a reward for doing so well the first weeks of school.

The whole way there, Cameron was commenting on where we were going. We would go so far and he would say, "Oh, I know we are going skating." Then, "Oh, I know we are going bowling." Then, "Oh, I know we are going to Frankie's Fun Park." He FINALLY guessed it somewhere at the end of the drive, but finally learned to stop using the "I KNOW.." line. "MAYBE we are going to the fair." Gotta love him, he knows absolutely everything.

We go in and start on the kiddie ride section. Cameron is a pretty good sport, riding with Cassidy on all the baby rides.
Finally, we get to the huge Ring of Fire. I wasn't riding any rides so Cameron got on it by himself. I was terrified for him. I can't believe my little baby didn't even flinch....he got right in line and right on the coaster and buckled himself in. I was freaking out!!
Well, as Cameron's ride come to an end, Cassidy starts screaming. She was stung by a bee. So, we had to rush around to find a paramedic. The paramedic tried to get the stinger out for a few minutes then told me he couldn't do it (what??) and that maybe I could find tweezers when I got home. Hey, buddy, she's screaming, we are 1 hour away from home, and have only been at the fair for 15 minutes. He gives her some ice and we walk out. I finally got it out...I had to use some very unsophisticated measures to do it. That put her in a bad mood.
We go sit down in front of the magic show and Cassidy gets picked to go up on stage and do a trick. She is so cute on stage and completely captivates her audience. She may be made for show biz. I made the best video of her act and accidentally deleted it. So, that basically ruined my mood.

Finally, everyone cheered back up. We had a blast. Cameron talked Cassidy into riding the equivalent of Drop Zone & she came close to a nervous breakdown. We ate funnel cake and cotton candy. Cameron almost gave fellow fair-goers a nervous breakdown when he climbed to the top of the wall over the safety belt on the Zero Gravity ride. Cassidy smacked her face 3 times on the mirrors inside the House of Mirrors. Every adventure I have is always packed full of drama and surprises.

Oh, and I got mentioned in the Greenville News!
Hometown celebrity status, baby!

Oh, one more thing. I got pulled over on the way home for drunk driving....but I wasn't really drinking so he let me go. Crazy times.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! :) I love the fair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man. That does sound fun (and nerve-racking)! I shoulda bought a copy of the paper, then I coulda had you autograph it!!

    ReplyDelete