My Baby Loves & I

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Starting this as a FB post but...

I started typing this as a Facebook post but I realized it was too long for that.  I haven't blogged in YEARS but it's always been something that I love to do.  I'm glad that my blog wasn't shutdown. I see that my formatting and everything is gone though.  I will have to work on that.

I just got home from working out of town (meeting with my customers).  I had a really good time, relaxed a little, ate a lot of good food, and learned so much.  This may not seem like a big deal for a frequent world traveler but for this girl from Woodruff, it is.  
Carpet Capital of the World


Anyone that has been close to me the last few years know what the struggle has been for me in the job department.  My career path has taken so many directions. I started at Bi-lo at 16 and almost immediately was made a bookkeeper.  After that, I worked at Burger King for 2 years. This is where I really learned how to work hard and be a grown-up under the guidance of the best management.  I then became a CNA working with Alzheimers' patients.  I did this for more than 10 years and this is where my heart will always want to be. Unfortunately, the pay CNAs receive is not enough for a person to live on.  In 2008, a man named Larry Sutton gave me a chance in the manufacturing industry (QC lab) with hardly any experience.   I spent almost 10 years with coworkers who will always be family.  I had to move on mainly because I didn't receive opportunities to advance myself professionally.   I went to work for a payday lending company and it was the worst experience I've had in a job.  I won't say much about this place because I don't want to offend the ones that I actually count as friends that still work there. Let's just say, if you are efficient and are older than 30/younger than 60 or have kids,  the BOLA department is not for you. Every single day made me want to go live in a homeless shelter. I actually considered applying at McD's to get out of there. I applied for every job in the state that was posted on Indeed. Finally, my current company called me for an interview and offered me a position better than the one I applied for. I LOVE going to work every single day.  I feel valued and appreciated. I have been promoted and everyday my manager tells me I do a great job.  I feel so much pride and excitement about my career path and I can't wait to see what the future holds!  

If you're feeling frustrated about your current life or job situation, just hang in there, work hard and eventually someone will give you a chance to SHINE. 







No comments:

Post a Comment